Arc Flash module in NEPLAN offers the user to analyze and assess the high risk of arc flash in power system. Arc Flash calculation is completely integrated and based on NEPLAN short circuit and overcurrent protection modules. It calculates the incident energy for reduced and unreduced arcing currents in function of the working distance and automatically determines the Arcing Fault Clearing Time. It also determines individual arcing current contributions.
- Arc Flash Standards:
‒ IEEE 1584-2018
‒ IEEE 1584-2013
‒ NFPA 70E-2018
‒ ISSA 2011
‒ DC IEEE 2012
‒ DC NFPA 2015
- Application of LEE method for system parameters which fall outside the range of the model defined in IEEE 1584
- Supports IEEE/ANSI and IEC short circuit calculations for symmetrical and unsymmetrical faults
- Option to specify if the low voltage circuit-breakers is fused or not as per IEEE C37.13
- Arc flash hazard category class
Arc Flash Calculation module gives the possibility of multiple arc flash simulations just in one run.
- Upon calculation, results are automatically displayed on the single line diagram while their content and graphical information can be customized
- Display of results is node oriented and can be inserted at any node or element
- Result visualization and processing is easier due to the following visualization functions:
‒ Overloaded pieces of equipments (current transformers, voltage transformers, circuit-breakers, etc.) are highlighted
‒ Output list is sorted by voltage levels
- Arcing current, incident energy, arcing fault clearing time, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) category and all appropriate results are displayed
- Display of results in tabular format which can be exported to WORD/EXCEL
- Workplace safety: a flexible Label can be printed out by including the hazard classes and all required results
Brochure: Introductory brochure for Arc Flash calculation could be found here.