-1This basic module enables the user to model, design and optimize his water network using NEPLAN’s user friendly graphical interface and NEPLAN’s powerful, up-to-date calculation algorithms to address a wide range of applications.
- Powerful, up-to-date calculation algorithms (extended Newton-Raphson)
- Simulation of any networks
- Simultaneous calculation of any number of partial networks (independent networks)
- Calculation with load factor profiles (day, week, season, weekdays, Sundays, long term, etc.)
- Import of measured consumption data
- Changing demands through global, regional or simultaneity load factors
- To each pipe any number of line loads can be connected (e.g. houses, industrial , …)
- Calculation of centrifugal and circulation pumps, reservoirs, valves, fittings etc.
- Sophisticated valve models
- Calculation of multiple pumps, tanks and reservoirs
- Calculation with different water temperatures
- Time dependent load and reservoir height characteristics (e.g. at night, or at noon, summer, winter etc.)
Upon calculations, results are automatically displayed on the single line diagram while their content and graphical information can be customized. Result evaluation and processing is easier due to visualization functions:
- Coloring according to variable ranges (e.g. velocity, flow, pressure-losses, pressure etc.)
- Highlighting of overloaded elements (e.g. velocity v > v max)
- Line width proportionally to many variables, including the flow and diameter
- Result output to an excel like table sheet, with copy/past possibilities to MS-Excel
- Display of results in charts (e.g. bar or line chart)
- Result comparison: Results from other variants can be displayed in the same result label and in the same chart
Contingency analysis or N-1 analysis is used to determine the security of a network as well as the importance of the components. The outage list can include any element, and also common mode definitions are possible (simultaneous equipment failure). The basis of the Contingency Analysis is a fast water pipe line calculation. All defined outages are calculated and their impact is reported in terms of violations caused. The results can be viewed in tables and charts and the offered tools are aiding the engineers for the ranking of severity of each outage.
Remedial Actions (Event Definition)
The Remedial Action Schemes (RAS) is a separate module and could be licensed with the modules Water Calculation and Contingency Analysis.
The user can define custom events for a series of water pipe line calculations. With the defined events, the status of the simulated network can be controlled, e.g. dispatch of water supply in case of limit violation so that the violation disappears. This module contains, beyond the standard control capability of the water pipe line calculation, powerful functions to observe and control the water network.