Increasing penetration of electric vehicles creates new challenges for distribution system operators. The power to charge the batteries should be delivered without violating any technical limits:
- Charging power should be delivered in normal operation case and in extreme cases
- Do electric vehicles cause regional bottlenecks?
- Is grid reliability changing because of the new load situation?
- e-Mobility penetration limit where problems start arising
- How to avoid peak loads
NEPLAN helps distribution system operators, network planning and strategic network development service providers and universities answer these questions with its powerful calculation modules.
NEPLAN offers a solution to distribution system operators, network planning and strategic network development service providers and universities with the modules
- Load Flow Calculation
- Load Flow Time Simulation (time series) and
- Hosting Capacity.
It provides a user-friendly platform to control the reactive power and loading times, use of decentralized energy storage and test network expansion scenarios.