Increasing penetration of electric vehicles creates new challenges for distribution system operators. The power to charge the batteries should be delivered without violating any technical limits. Answers must be found to the following problems.
- Can the required charging power be delivered in the normal operation case?
- Is the extreme case (maximum load / minimum generation) still permissible?
- Are there regional bottlenecks caused by concentrated high charging power of electric vehicles?
- Is the grid reliability changing as a result of the new load situation?
- From which e-mobility penetration do problems arise?
- How can peak loads be avoided?
NEPLAN offers a solution to distribution system operators, network planning and strategic network development service providers and universities with the modules
- Load Flow Calculation
- Load Flow Time Simulation (time series) and
- Hosting Capacity.
Hosting Capacity for each feeder